Thursday, January 1, 2015

My first single New Year's Eve

I had a perfect night last night.  New Year's Eve with my kids.  Since they are the people I enjoy being around the most then I should enjoy being with them, right?

We watched my Netflix disc X-Men: Days of Future Past after watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.  My youngest and I have been doing a Harry Potter marathon this week.  When X-men was over we had about a half an hour before midnight and I asked my son to set up the digital antenna.  We don't have cable, haven't paid for cable in over 20 years.  The last 10 years we lived in a narrow valley that didn't get any digital reception, so this was new.  We have over 12 channels* now!  My son got it working with two minutes to spare for ball drop!

My son turned 21 last month and we decided to share a bottle of wine.  We also had a bottle of Martinelli's for my daughters.  It was an enjoyable evening and I spent it just the way I wanted to.

*I now have access to PBS just in time for the next season of Downton Abbey.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment