Monday, May 4, 2015

Killing spiders and other things your husband used to do

My new place has a lot of spiders, they seem to be appearing on a daily basis.  I finally decided to take to the internet and I was told that spraying a mixture of tea tree essential oil and water in the areas where they commonly go would get rid of them.  I tried that four weeks ago and the spider population has diminished greatly.

This is good...really really good.

All spiders who dare to enter my home get the death penalty...no judge, no jury.  I found a spider that had killed and wrapped up another spider.  I asked my older daughter whether that should get him a stay of execution, she said no, "It's a spider and it must die."  I asked my younger daughter whether I should kill a spider that kills spiders.  She thought I should take it outside...I asked for volunteers for that and there weren't any.  So the spider who was nesting in a corner of the ceiling had to meet Mr. Vacuum.

This brings me to my point...how does the newly single person deal with the things her ex used to do?
Recently my washing machine was leaking.  I knew water was coming out from under it, but not where it was coming from.  Finally, with help from my son, I pulled it away from the wall and discovered that the leak was coming from the attachment to the faucet.  I took it off, took the washer out and took it to my local hardware store where I found a new one for 99 cents.  I put the new washer in and reattached the hose.  Voila!  No more leak.  That felt really good.

I miss not being able to just tell Ex there is a problem with something and him taking care of the issue.  I don't miss him.  I'm enjoying discovering my own abilities, knowledge and YouTube videos.  With that, I don't need to keep Ex around.


No comments:

Post a Comment